Sunday, April 27, 2014

Welcome!

Hi everyone my name is Lucia Angela Perez and I am a Team beachbody coach!!  I started my blog mainly to share my experiences and my story in hopes to inspire you and help you in any way possible on your weight loss journey.  I am a mother of two teenagers, beautiful girls
Gloria and Isabel, and since they were born my body went through some changes I never really saw coming. The pregnancy with Isabel took me to a whopping 198 lbs.  Now for me that was the heaviest weight I had been in my entire life.  Not only was there the weight but the changes to my skin as well.  Now I have always been a very active person my whole life without physical activity for me was no life at all.  I have always been one to bike ride, fast and moderate paced walks,  jogging and starting late last year I really fell in love with jump rope.  I loved jump rope because it is one heck of a calorie burner!!!  It took me a couple of years, 3 in fact, to lose my baby weight with just cardio, but the one thing that I finally realized is that my body never really changed in appearance.  I never seemed to have any kind of muscle tone.  Even when I got a gym membership and used the machines in a way that I thought was right, I never saw any real changes.  I got into the pattern of getting a gym membership and going for three months strong, not seeing any changes and then cancelling it.  It was very frustrating for me.  Then I would go back to just cardio and nothing really made a difference.

It wasn't until this year believe it or not I decided that on my new years resolution I would get toned, and get the body I finally wanted no matter what.  Then one day out of nowhere I got a message from my best friend Shanna asking me if I would like to join her for a workout challenge.  She asked me if I would be interested in doing Chalean Extreme with her and that it was a 90 day program.  Low and behold it was a program that had resistance training!! Now at first I wasn't sure.  I didn't know if I could commit, but because she is my best friend in the world and I knew that it was important to her  I agreed to do it!  Best decision of my life!!

We started mid January of this year, we tracked all of our progress as necessary and even saw great results!!  We stayed in touch everyday always making sure to push each other along with encouragement, and with that alone I was able to successfully reach the end of the 90 days together!!  The accountability we had to each other is what I felt was the reason for our success, and I knew that coaching others was the right fit for me.  If my friend and I could do it together I know I can help others make it through any program that they decide to choose!! 

I am looking forward to adding more to my blog, look for my Chalean Extreme results next

No comments:

Post a Comment