Friday, May 9, 2014

21 Day Fix Day 5

I have made it to day five, and I am super happy that I have stuck to my eating plan, except for my beets.  I wasn't able to finish all of them even though they are super good for you.  What I normally would do is juice them with an apple, lemon, carrot, and it tasted amazing.  But since I started the program I am very limited on the amount of sugar I can have so juicing right now is not an option.  However, I will point out that when I was juicing I was getting way too much sugar so I am glad I stopped.  One thing that I am learning is that I was eating way too much of the same foods that I am allowed to eat now in smaller amounts.  For example, I was using way too much oil when cooking.  I was eating way more protein than I needed to.  I was also not balancing my diet in all areas.  This program has really been teaching me that the portions that you eat are determining factor in your weight loss program.

Today was tough but expected for me in the sense that I was having some major cravings for sweets.  For that reason I was glad that I saved my second banana half till the very end of the day.  It satisfied my urge to give in to temptation.  Plus I took a trip to the grocery store and stocked up on more vegetables, and fruits that I need to have on hand for food preparation.  Today they had my favorite purple cauliflower available, and free range turkey.  The program recommends lean meats so I bought the leanest meat that I could find.  Making this trip got me out of my house an provided a great mental distraction for me so I consider my day pretty successful.

The only place I went wrong was that I did not finish my entire serving of red beets in lemon juice.  I packed too much and was not able to eat them all today.  For tomorrow I plan to mix that second half with carrots and lemon juice so that I can finish the entire serving.
 Beets are so incredibly good for you they have such healing power for the body.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't eat them all but there is always tomorrow.  If I don't complete something due to my schedule I don't harp on it, because it's a waste of time and energy.  We only have the present moment and we may not see tomorrow, so I just let it be and move forward, that's my best advice for myself.

Total Body Cardio Fix was the workout today.  I have to say, yet again, I was pleasantly surprised at how tough the workout was.  In only thirty minutes every exercise was intense from start to finish.  I used ten pound weights, and on one exercise I had to switch to eight.  I got out of breath and even stopped for a second but still powered through it.  I have to say from what I have experienced so far this program is all you need.  I don't think it is necessary to supplement the workouts with anything else if you are just starting out, because what you get is intense, but I did follow my calendar and I added an extra ten minutes of Chalean Extreme's Ab Burner right after I was done.  Now, again, I am using heavier weights to start.  A beginner may start with no weights and still get the same intensity.  All in all today kicked my butt.

I tried my new strategy for drinking water.  I had a whole 32 oz. in the morning and when I got home I had another 32 oz.  I can see and feel changes in my abs and my legs and I am only five days in.  I am starting to feel strong and I am super excited about what the results are going to be.  

If I left anything out I will add it tomorrow, for I am exhausted.  I hope you have a great night.

Please know that you are more than welcome to comment, and send feedback.  If you have any particular questions about the Fix please let me know.  

I am also having a 21 Day Fix Challenge group on the 26th of May if you would like to participate or have thought of trying out the 21 day fix, please fill out the online form.


Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment