Monday, May 5, 2014

21 Day Fix Starts Today

So I it was my goal to try to post my pre-21 Day Fix preparation but I will have to write about it even though today I start  the program.  I spent the weekend shopping, as well as working on final projects for school.  I am currently a student at the University of Texas at El Paso and I am studying Graphic Design for a second degree.  So having to work, finish up school projects, and really focus on my business is time consuming.  Not to mention I am raising two beautiful teenage girls as well on my own.  Luckily, the semester is over on Wednesday and I can really have one less thing to focus on.  

So I spent the last week just mentally preparing myself for the fact that I was going to be eating only certain portions a day from certain lists of food.  I will admit I was feeling anxious about whether or not I was going to get enough food to eat.  I was also worried that my food would not have flavor since I can't really use salt, and lets admit it we all know or maybe should know that salt consumption makes our bodies retain water.  I know this for a fact because I used to do cleanses and would leave out salt altogether for weeks and always saw major results.  But as I have gotten older I find that I am more stubborn and that tendency has gotten me into trouble.  It's an unwillingness to commit or compromise.  I would think that the easy way would still get me results.  Well joke was on me, I made a decision last year towards the end that I was going to make major changes this next year of 2014.  I knew that I wasn't going anywhere in my life the way it was with my health, career, and lifestyle.

I made a New Year's Resolution for the first time and on that list I had this:
9. Work on toning your body the way you've always wanted to.  And make a commitment to seeing it through.
Now please don't misunderstand my lifestyle wasn't too extreme, like a party animal or anything, because I am raising two children and I have to be my best for them.  I just wasn't giving 100% to anything and it showed.  So towards the end of last year around November I started to exercise more.  I would run at the local high school track, I even started to jump rope (great for calorie burn), and started doing leg exercises in the morning.  My problem was that I just didn't have a clear plan or direction with it.  my resistance training was unguided and I realized that I needed to be taught what to do.  

So it was my good friend who told me about Chalean Extreme and challenged me to do her program for the next 90 days.  It was just what I needed, and basically the answer to my inner prayer for guidance.  God works in mysterious ways, he has his little angels all around doing his good work.  That was the beginning of the journey that has brought me here today.  So I decided to really search for that inner will power that I had been missing from my life for the longest time, and I finally pulled it out for this challenge.  I told myself that I would really make a commitment to this program because I want to see it work for me.  I want to see results and everyday I want to feel great!  I deserve it and I have to take care of me!

Today is my first day and I am off to a great start.  I've had my water, shakeology for breakfast, and all meals prepared!  Time to get ready for work, and after I will do my first workout... Have a great day!! Amores!


Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment