Wednesday, May 7, 2014

21 Day Fix Playing Catch Up


So I am happy to report that yesterday (5/6/14) was my last day of my graphic design class, and although I have been feeling as though I could use more rest I still did my workout.  Yesterday was the upper fix workout that I have to say was quite intense.  I really feel that I got my money's worth for thirty minutes.  The weights I used were eight pounds as my light weights, and ten to fifteen pounds as my heavier weights.  Now if you're thinking of starting the program and you are not used to using weights by all means start with three to five pound weights.  Your strength will build eventually and you will be able to go up in weight.  Since I have been working with weights since January, I started out with much heavier weights and was able to get through the full thirty minutes with no real problems.  Remember, if you are starting a program it's important to write down what weights you are using because if you don't you may not remember what you used.  Now I am sure some people have great memory and thats great, but I don't.  I never, ever wrote my weights down or my reps till I started with Chalean Extreme, and boy was it a waste of time.

I am glad that in the Chalean program I got very disciplined about writing my weights down and it really paid off.  I am definately stronger than I was before.  I am hoping to really push myself with this new program because I think it will really tone me up.

Eating yesterday was very good, I was very much able to get through the day feeling as though I got plenty to eat.  I made sure to pre-pack my meals for the next day and had them all sectioned off in a storage container so that I could just grab and go, or grab and microwave.  I typically don't care to use the microwave but when you are coming and going you have got to plan to make your meals easier to deal with.  I have had so much success and discipline eating the food I have laid out for myself that I expect to see the results that I want.  Discipline is very important with this plan, it may be easy to try to eyeball your serving amounts at first but you may get the proportions wrong and at the end may wonder where you went wrong.  I promised myself that I would stick to the plan no matter what.

Water consumption was overall very good I did drink as the program recommends half of your body weight in ounces.  Now I have to admit I am not a huge water fan, after all it can get pretty boring, but for the sake of the program and overall health it's super important to prioritize your water.  Now what I love is that they give you several creative options to drinking your water.  Frozen strawberries to your water is one fantastic example.

Overall my day ended well! If you think you would like to join me on my fitness journey with help and support for you while on the 21 Day Fix program we are having a challenge group on the 19th of May, and I would love to have you join.  I am loving this program so far and would love to give you guidance.  Please email me at lulu_love13@yahoo.com, or facebook me Lucia Perez,.

No comments:

Post a Comment