Tuesday, May 6, 2014

21 Day Fix Day Two


I am excited to report on my first day of the 21 day fix.  Ideally I would have liked to report yesterday, but I was swamped the entire day with things to do.  From the moment I woke up, to the time I went to bed I was doing something.  It was very helpful to pre-pack all of my meals in their containers so that my meals were all ready for the next day.  
I took some time to prep all of my meals on Sunday night and measured everything in the colored containers and then transferred them to Glad food storage containers with lids.  What I loved about doing this is that I didn't have to hassle with it the next day and it was one less thing that I had to do.  My day consists of cooking meals for the kids, working out, school, and my job plus my own meals on top of that.  So this was great.

My day went as follows:
6:00 a.m. breakfast: water, coffee and Shakeology (at home)
9:00 a.m. snack: papaya, water (at work)
10:00 a.m. snack: protein portion (at work on 15 min break)
11:00 a.m. snack: cherry tomatoes (at work)
12:30 p.m. work out Cardio Fix, water (at home)
1:40 p.m. meal: protein portion, sweet potatoes, and avacado, water (at home)
4:00 p.m. snack: beets in lemon juice (at school)
7:00 p.m. protein, sweet potato, cucumbers (at home)
7:15 p.m. snack: papaya (at home)

Now normally I would not eat this late but my day was super hectic and I was trying to do my best to satisfy my hunger throughout the day with my required portions of food.  Where I work I have to sit in one place for periods at a time without leaving so I plan to take snacks that don't need refrigeration and that I can eat slowly so that they will last me.  Having a busy schedule requires me to adapt to situations that may seem difficult but I always manage to do my best and figure out a plan that works for me.  

I have to also mention that when I sat down for an actual meal I was very happy that the portion that I ate was very satisfying. I was very concerned that I would not have enough to eat.  As it turns out the portion sizes were perfect.  I even had food left over at the end of the day that I was reluctant to eat because of the time I ate it.  I ate it anyways because I absolutely did not want to go under my required calories for the day.  So I have to say I was very happy about that.  

Now my Cardio Fix workout was the first workout for the 21 day fix program, and let me tell you it kicked my butt! I really wasn't expecting it because when I looked at the program it was said to be for beginners. Now the modifications are very simplified so I think that anyone can do this workout.  I always tell myself "if you can't do it then do the modification" and work your way towards the advanced moves.  There is absolutely no shame in that, at least not for me, after all I am doing this for me.  But overall I was pleasantly surprised at how sweaty I got.  I definitely feel I got my money's worth, in fact my legs are very sore this morning.  

I almost forgot to mention that I created a workout calendar on the computer and I added a supplemental workout to my workout plan.  I added an additional ab workout from both Chalean Extreme and Brazilian Butt Lift's workout video to give my abs an extra kick.  I will post that later.

Today is another hectic day, but I am happy to report it is the last day of class and I will have one less thing to focus on from today forward.  It's nice not to be spread too thin, because it gives you more time to take care of you!! I hope this helps...Have a great day everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment